Differents ways to visit San Blas Islands
Maybe you didn't know that there are different ways to visit the beautiful Guna Yala Islands formerly called San Blas Islands.
Here we will detail the different ways to visit this Panamanian paradise in the Caribbean.
1. Private car is an economical option if you have your own 4x4 car or if you are among a group of friends and decide to rent a car, in our country there are a variety of car rental companies which you can rent.
But important it must be 4x4 the rate ranges from $ 100 to $ 150.00 per car with all insurance. If you have travel insurance or use a credit card, verify the benefits you have with each product and you can save yourself paying for car insurance.
2. Regular transportation of 4x4 cars with Permits from the General Guna congress. This is the option that every tour operator offers you, in which the cars have their due commercial permission to operate the transfers under the mantle of the Guna general congress. It is very important to take into account that you have the Permission of the Guna General Congress.
Since if you choose to take an UBER, TAXI or something similar, you will not be able to pass the Nusagandi Entry Point or the Indigenous Reserve.
All cars start looking for their guests from approximately 5:00 to 5:45 , it has a cost of $ 50 per person, and is shared between 6 passengers.
If you want something more private, you have the option of taking the totally private car, it has the cost of $ 300.00 (round trip) and they will pick you up at your hotel in a private option.
3. Plane. If you have the budget and want to travel to the less visited islands, this is definitely the option. But very important this you must book in advance, 3 to 4 months before your arrival to be able to visit the most exotic places on the island such as Yandup Island Lodge in Playon Chico or Akwa Reef in Achutupu.
The costs of the plane occur between 150- 180.00 dollars round trip from the only airline that Air Panama flies.
4. Helicopter. Yes, you can visit the beautiful islands by helicopter, they leave every day is an option in which you arrive in 30 minutes comfortable, you just have to book your private boat with any operator on the islands or with us.
5.Buses : This is the most adventurous option, but you should be aware that there are no regular buses that travel directly to Carti Pier, Guna Yala.
You can take a bus at the Albrook terminal on the Cañita-Bayano, Daríen route. The cost of the buses is approximately $ 3.00 dollars, the buses make the route of the entire Pan-American highway and you must tell the driver to drop you off at the Texaco del Llano Carti.
Here another adventure will begin, see which car takes you either paying approximately $ 15.00 per person or takes you free to the port. Here the possibilities of finding some available space is a bit of an odyssey, most reserve spaces from Panama City.
6. Catamarans and sailboats :
This a way to visit the most virgin islands of San Blas.
If you are interested in visiting our beautiful islands, do not hesitate to contact us.
Telegram / Whatsapp +507 6912-7272